Family

Family

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"Tell me, that you'll open your eyes" - Snow Patrol

I miss my iPod. Sigh, it may have ended up in someone elses bag while I was partying in Hamburg.

The good news is, they were able to get a hold of me so I will get it back. Unfortunately, not until I'm back in Hamburg. Right now I'll just have to settle for youtube whenever I'm able to connect my laptop.
It doesn't seem to be very cooperative yet, but I threatened to hulk smash it, so it's working again.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, I don't know if I mentioned it before.

Still in Milan, tomorrow I'm off to Nice. It's kind of a stopover between here and Barcelona, but it should be really pretty I think, interesting anyway. My first trip to anywhere french, I've never even been to Montreal before. I've travelled more in other countries than I have in my own.

Yesterday was a lovely shopping day, and I did catch a glimpse of the Duomo and appears to be under construction. How sad. Later I plan on catching the metro down and seeing if it's still open or if I can get any decent pictures. A lot in Italy seems to be in the 'repair' process, including this hostel and the last one I stayed at.

With smaller countries, taking metro and transit is so much easier than driving, drivers are nuts and between the bikes and scooters, lanes become more of a guideline. (as a pedestrian, cars and scooters will stop, but only long enough until you are not directly in front of them; so don't dawdle. Bikes will not stop for you)

Once you've taken the metro in one place it doesn't take long to figure out how it works somewhere else. Tickets and passes are fairly inexpenisive as well.

Transit seems to run on all levels. I mentioned earlier that in Berlin, the S-line and Intercity trains were above ground, the trams, trains, and taxi's were on ground, and the U-lines were underground.

Same idea in Italy. In Roma, the metro seemed to go down at least two levels before you finally reached the tracks (the main station metro was definitely under constuction). I went down an escalator and two flights of stairs and down to long passeages before reaching a few stops.
It came out really bright, but this is two levels underground.
This is my stop 'QT8' for the Milan Hostel.
Everything is clearly signed with the line names, but it can seem confusing the first time.

I don't really have a point or signigicant point for this post by the way. I'm just giving random descriptions because I'm bored at the hostel. A lot of things close on Sunday, and I'm putting off doing my laundry until tonight. :)

I don't know if rubiks cubes are back in trend but yesterday I saw two different people (one on the metro, one at the hostel) who completed a rubiks cube. Then later I saw a girl with a cube tatoo. Maybe they are back in trend and I missed something. Everything comes back around. Personally I've never completed one, and end up just dismantling out of pure frustration. :)

When it comes to fashion, I will probably write a more detailed post on my other blog (the one that is strictly fashion, articles done on designers, shop owners and such in calgary heartofthenewwestfashion.blogspot.com). For the most part very similiar to home. Jeans, t-shirts, are the norm, but not to many hoodies. Little steps are taken to make everything just a little more presentable. Even casual tends to have a certain air of effort to it. People never seem to just roll out of bed and throw things together. Not a bad thing though, effort is good. They are more excepting of trends though. Not tween trends either, but actual catwalk turned everyday. I'm not saying eccentric, but just it's easier to see that longer dresses and skirts are in, and flowy sheer fabric also is.

That's all I'm going to say on that for now.

I should really get going though. It tends to rain in the evening here, and yesterday was a hailstorm.
I do not want to be caught in one of those.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment