Family

Family

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Now this, is a vacation.

Thus far, I've much enjoyed my stay here at Camp Jolly.

Laid out like a campground, it has spots for trailers, and tents, and also pre-set-up tents. I have a bungalow.
A 3 person bungalow, and lucky me, have it all to myself again tonight. It's fantastic, it's designed much like a camping trailer, with a mini fridge a bathroom and air conditioning. The showers a little tempered on giving hot water, but it's much preferred still over using a stall in the communal bathroom.

The restaurant here serves up some very delicious food. Both nights now I've had pizza. Yesterday I had a mozza, onion, and tuscan sausage, tonight it was the Hawiian. Very delicious. Made on thincrust, which I prefer. . They're definitely not 'personal' sized, as they are a good medium. Last night I ate the entire thing, but since I had an appetizer tonight, I had to have some packed up. No worries, it won't be wasted.
My pizza of the evening.


Didn't do much today, I'm planning on seeing lots tomorrow.
Today was reserved for a walk to the supermarket and then lounging around the pool.

The supermarket was very busy, and boy do people move fast. Similar to home, except that when you pick out produce, you have to wear a plastic mitt, and then once you have it in the plastic bag, you weigh it yourself. Then you punch the appropriate number on the sheet and it gives you a sticker to put on the bag. Fairly efficient I think, cuts down on the cashier having to look up the number.
Plastic bags you have to pay ten cents for, which is understandable these days. It seems a little odd though, I had to pay to have a plastic bag, but the garbage bins of plastic mitts used for produce were full...
Two good ideas there. One, let's not get germs all over the fruit so we'll make everyone wear a plastic mitt (that after they toss). Two, lets make plastic bags cost so people have more incentive to use other bags. It seems counter productive when you put the two ideas together, just saying.
It was a fun experience though, and the little carts for groceries were like little wagons that you pulled around. It was cute.

Then after I walked back, I layed out in the sun all day, and sipped a few cold ones while reading, beside the pool. That was simply wonderful. I did have sunscreen on but I'm burned. I was going for tanned, and well, I've exceeded that. But as a pasty white kid, I can't expect any different. But I am more freckled though, and I'm fine with that. :)

So tomorrow I'm planning on taking the shuttle into Venice and then hitting up a few main spots that promise to be very awesome.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment