Family

Family

Monday, June 27, 2011

Home please.

Alright, last night in Amsterdam done. Now in a few hours, I'll catch the train to Hamburg, grab my iPod and headphones, then head to the airport to chill.
Then tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will catch the first of a few planes that will bring me home. YAY!

I've loved my trip it's been amazing, but I don't know what it's like to sleep in my own bed anymore. I think it's going to be weird at first, not living out of a backpack and staying in dorm rooms with different people every night. I'm going to have my own bed, with my own blankets and a whole closet of CLEAN clothes. Woah. It will be luxury. :)

I can't wait to be home though, I've been really missing a lot of people and I am so excited to see them again. Actually, I'm excited to see everyone. I think I'm done making friends for a year. That's not true, but I would like to talk to someone I've known for longer than a week.

So after I leave Amsterdam, I'm not staying in another hostel. I'm just going to chill at the airport when I get there. I think it's a better plan, I have to be there early anyway.

The last few days in Amsterdam have been fantastic. Chilling with a few fellow Western Canadian's and some Australian's.
I've done a lot of aimless wandering around for the most part, some people watching, and not a lot of sightseeing. Though I did take a stroll through the red light district. That's interesting. At first I wasn't paying attention and wasn't sure if I was there yet. Then I turned my head to see a half-naked lady behind a window. I might have been caught of guard and fumbled with my half broken umbrella. Probably made her laugh.
People of all ages on vacation here though. I've seen quite a few bachelor/bachelorette parties. It seems Amsterdam is popular for it's good times. Who knew. :)

Well, I don't know if I will be updating until I get home now, where I will fill you in on the last leg of the trip, because I'm sure there are bound to be some adventures.

Also, if a guy says 'can I ask you a question?' and you say 'no you can't', he most likely won't know what to do about when you just walk off.

Oh, and clearly I'm not intimidating, because at least once in  every city, some random tourist seems to ask if I can take their picture for them. Good to know I look trustworthy.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment