Family

Family

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh Nice is quite nice!

Last night I'm chilling on the beach with some people from the hostel, and then a few of us go and stand in the water while the others keep sitting there. I left my bag with them on the beach in the circle. Some guy walks past, grabs my bag and starts walking away like its not big deal.

Everyone clues in, chase ensues, and thankfully the police were right there and caught the guy.

This is part of why I've been MIA for a little bit. But only the beginning of my evening. :)
Had a really good night aside from that, Nice is beautiful and I was staying less than five minutes from the beach the last two nights. The hostel wasn't that great though, so I'm in a different one tonight. It's clean, the other one had a cockroach. I named him Fredric just in case you're wondering.

Anyway, after my bag was almost stolen I had to go to the station and give a report, so when I got back to the hostel it was four in the morning. Time just tends to really fly I guess. It did for the next few hours for sure, because when I got back to the hostel I ended drinking with a guy and playing cards until eight. I decided I had really needed a drink after, especially while running after the guy earlier I totally tripped and scraped up my knee and foot. It's okay though, I got my purse, that's the important part.

But then after staying up, I slept way in and missed my train to Barcelona. Which is okay, because I have now decided not to go to Barcelona. I keep hearing about the pick pockets there and how much worse they are than here, so I think it's in my best interest to not go.

On that note I took the train to Marseille today hopeing to get into a hostel there, but they weren't cheap so I came back to Nice to a different hostel.

This has been my last 24 hours. All in all, it was an excellent adventure. I'm sure there are parts I'm missing, but as I'm way past exhausted since I've been roaming around with my backpack all day, and I've only had 5 solid hours of sleep in the 3 days now. It was a noisy hostel to. I'm really liking this one better.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and catch a train to Paris, if they are not all full, and then I will be staying there for quite awhile I had planned to stay there for five nights, but I think adding a few more on is a good idea.

Well, that's all I can tell ya for now. I have some pics of nice that I will be uploading soon. So everyone just keep calm and it will be okay. :)

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment