Family

Family

Monday, August 30, 2010

Who Pulled it Off

The Emmy's had some fabulous people. With fabulous people always comes fabulous clothes: some good and some bad.

January Jones Pulled a bright blue concoction off nicely, I think the sun said it best comparing to shimmering mermaids and peacocks. Who knew that was a stunning combo? This one was good.

Sofia Vergara looked nice. To put it plain and simple, someone who's always stunning looks just nice in a simple gown. Even though it's just nice for her it can still be bombshell for others. I say it was good, simply because it wasn't bad. (You know what I mean)

Claire Danes tried something similar to Vergara's but did not pull it off half a nicely. It looks like she's wearing a sequined towel that's too big. This does not flatter her shape. I say bad.

Christina Hendricks could have done better. Yes she looks radiant and the dress is very cute and suited to the times, but it does not help her. The structure of this dress does little to caress her curves and more to accentuate them and with the muted colour and pale skim everything is washed. I would say good try, but bad.

Julia Ormond did well with a classic strapless that's sleek with few details. Good.

Elisabeth Moss does not need a dress to be fabulous. She seemed so confident that the dress, gorgeous as it was did not even matter and no clothes seemed to be on the same level. On that note, I would have put her in something with colour. The dress itself made her look like a goddess but the colour made her appear to be the statue of a goddess. I say good, clothes or no clothes.

Ellie Kemper was very cute in a frilly prom-esque frock that was fun. Nothing overbearing or wrongly fitting, I say good.

Lea Michele looks almost uncomfortable in a dark strapless gown. The ruffles on the bottom seem to weigh her small frame down. I would give her A for effort but B for bad.

Michelle Forbes is a strong woman, and although she may frighten me a bit, she did well with an understated, shimmery, one-strapped gown. I say good.

Jane Lynch almost had it. The dress was working until you got to the hips where it changed design and went flat. The top is flattering the bottom is not. She was close but I say bad.

Archie Panjabi looks stunning in a black off-the-shoulder gown. For her body silhouette this was very flattering with lots of subtle detailing. I say Good.

Anna Paquin has a head injury. Bad.

Mariana Klaveno is very sweet in rose coloured number. Finally someone from True Blood has a look worth really looking at. This is a gorgeous dress. I say Good.

Kim Kardashian looks decent for once. Not a big fan of the Kardashians myself but this is vey well done. The dress is exquisite and another one fit for a goddess, she is radiant in this gown. Good.

Rose Byrne has me on the fence. Obviously the memo for the Emmy's was "think goddess/toga party". Some pull it off with not a problem others should have burned the memo. Byrne is a little in between. The back of the dress works well until we get the lower back where it droops more than drapes. Droopy is never good. I give her.. Go/Ba. (undecided)

Nina Dobrev is a luscious thing in this sleek gown. She is Good.

Jon Hamm looks dashing in a tuxedo. A little out of place though. Still good.

Anna Gunn appears to be wearing a prom dress. The dress looks out of place which in turn does her no favours. I'm going with bad.

Well that's all for that, some of my thoughts on what the Fabulous thought they should be wearing. Kim's is by far my fave and if you want to get a look: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/rv-emmy-fashions-2/article1690059/?cmpid=rss1

Kim Kardashian (Getty Images)

Peace
Chalsie

No comments:

Post a Comment