Family

Family

Friday, August 13, 2010

"It turned my whole world around.."

Well, to be truthful nothing has turned my whole world around lately, I just didn't have another title.

So I would update about the Burberry A/W 2010 collection but my internet is not my friend. So maybe tomorrow.

In the meantime, I will give you an update as to what I think will be cool this fall. Or things you should invest in.

Plaids, or floral prints. Darker prints as in colours, nothing summery, please. Plaids are everywhere, but they are also done simply. If you want to stand out, pick one colour and do it bold. Think red, or purple, the deeper the better.

Gold. We want to see those clothes shimmer. We can't have gold in our pockets these days so everyone is wearing it.

Fur is in. Not surprised. It's fall/winter. Fur should be. It's cozy. Haven't seen a lot of knits though. Nothing too heavy either. Not a lot of layering too. 'Tis not the season to hide behind your clothes.

Boots. We like boots. And we like them high. Have a nice pair of boots, preferably beige (or what the hell, let's get 'em plaid) have them with an easy all-day heel and up to about mid-calf. You will be good to go.
Also put on some nice leather gloves. Keep those hands pretty.

Trench coats go to knees or longer and I'm guessing will most likely be double-breasted.

Not a lot of shape in the clothes, but most silhouettes do have a slight hourglass shape. I still think everything is feminine. That is my word for the season and I'm going to over-use it. By that I do not mean girly. Be a woman.

There's a lot of draping in the shirts, nothing too provocative. If there's any shape it will be in the shoulder's but not much. Not the shoulder pads of the eighties either just a little extra room in the sleeve up top.

Oh and somethings that are in that I am unsure of. 'Jeggings': Jean+Leggings. I think they are just fine for tweens but they don't seem to fit in with the rest of the season. They are fine for lounging and probably comfier but I wouldn't add them as a staple. Nothing against them, but as all leggings wear them smartly.
Also ... Hotpants. Those little shorts that look like boyshorts that really should only be seen near pools or the beach. Apparently you wear them with a nice blazer and top and it's supposed to look like you forgot pants. I don't know about the rest of the world but where I live, this will not be appropriate. Come September when the temperature maybe hits 14 degrees celsius, you don't want to do that. But if you feel the need to bare it all, as long as you do it tastefully and don't complain about the frostbite then all the power to ya.

So that's all I can think about right now. Maybe more later. I'm not even going to check this for spelling and grammar right now. Pretty tired.

Good Night and Sweetdreams.

Peace
Chalsie

No comments:

Post a Comment