Family

Family

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Toothpick Eyelid Day

Well I've been up for two hours and I'm already falling asleep.
The problem could be my alarm just went off and I've already been up for two hours.
Blame Jackman.

Most mornings I turn on the TV to the news as soon as I'm up. I did just the same today, even though I found myself drifting in and out of sleep on the couch. Then at one point I drifted back in and the TV wasn't on. Being the only one in the house aside from the puppy, I have no idea how that happened. I wasn't even laying on the remote.

Anyway 'topping' the news this morning, a Stamp's player tweeted a very inappropriate attempt at a joke.
I'm not going to type it out here, but you can go here to get to a link about it.
I agree that what was said is in very bad taste, I see why people are very upset about it. What I don't agree with is the fact that he was FINED by the CFL. Essentially they are taking his money away because he has a terrible sense of humour.

Writing the tweet he even used the hashtag #MaybeALittletofar, which clearly it was. So either he's an idiot who didn't think anything would come of it, or he is being an idiot on purpose to get attention.
I think it boils down to, his being fined for being stupid. Not that fining people for being stupid is the worst idea I've heard, thinking may become popular again if stupidity makes you poor.

What's upsetting people more is his apology or lack thereof. He regrets what he tweeted but he can't take it back, to paraphrase for him. He also mentioned something about not being able to apologize for everything. Which brings us back to, don't say stupid things, maybe you won't have to apologize so much, but he has a small point. What's done is done, he should now be aware he is not a comedian.

I understand that he is in a public position as a CFL player, and it's his responsibility to monitor what he says or puts out there, but tweeting is also not a direct part of his game.
The deal they've made out of this is a little too big. Lot's of people say inappropriate jokes and the usual response is to not laugh and say 'not cool'.
I don't know, maybe I'm rambling I haven't finished my coffee yet.


Also Jackman is afraid of the rice maker. I had to take a writing break, because he didn't know what was making little rattling, bubbling sounds in the kitchen and needed to bark as loud as possible.
My dog is a pansy. So we took a trip to the kitchen and I pointed out that it wasn't going to harm him. He seems to accept that now. He's also moved on to barking at the neighbour kids leaving for school anyway.

As usual I was rocking the tunes on my way to hooping and back last night.
My playlist of choice this time:

Sing Sing - Marianas Trench
Roller - April Wine
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher
Independence Day - Martina McBride


If there were more, I can't remember.
Probably wasn't my best singing night, since my voice was already hoarse from coaching (shouting at power skaters). I quite enjoyed it though.

Anyway I should be off to work soon. I didn't plan on working this week, but when I went in yesterday for a web seminar, I was conned into going in today. Apparently it's a busier week than anticipated.

Oh well, maybe I will get off early before coaching so I can actually get something done today.

I did vacuum my living room yesterday. I got into all the nooks and crannies and cushions, and moved the furniture around. I'm starting to think it's a man thing, because Jason was not happy I moved his chair when he came home. And then when I came back home later, he had moved it closer to where it previously was. Too funny.

I also repotted my indoor plants since they are really growing. Who new I could keep things alive so well.

That's all for me at the moment. Enjoy the sunny day!

Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment