Family

Family

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Boarding is awesome!

I'm such a fan of boarding, it's just so much fun.
It's also one of the best workouts I know. My arms are still sore from Sunday.
The rest of me isn't too bad though, so I probably could have gone a little harder.

Went boarding with Kiersty and Taylor on Sunday, it was quite wonderful. On the second run, Taylor lost her glove going up the chairlift. So once we were almost all the way down the hill, Kiersty and Taylor had to climb back up the hill under the chairlift.
I stayed and watched the boards, but apparently there was a lot of face planting and diving around just to get anywhere.

No injuries to speak off, and not a lot of falls. Or serious falls. Kiersty and I always fell at the same time, so sadly we never got to see each other's oops and make fun of it.
I had one good penguin slide, tried to go over a small jump and forgot that I needed to stay upright. So when I landed it was on my stomach, slid sideways for a few feet, rolled for a few more and came to a stop. Sat up and watched little kids on ski's do exactly what I was attempting to and land it. Darn kids on skis.

The only other one to speak of was a similar situation, where I actually landed, but I landed in a very rough, bumpy area, so I couldn't hold the landing too long. Taylor saw that one and said she couldn't see anything, because when I slide on my but, I make a mini snowstorm to hide it. :)
Graceful, I know.

All in all a good day. A beautiful time to be out there.









Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment