Family

Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh the rain, falling softly on my windowsill...

It's true, it's been raining all day. I don't mind though, it's still warm enough (I may be the only who thinks this) and I like the rain anyway, especially a walk in it.

So that's what I did today. Aunt Margret and I went for a walk in the cemetery where we visited my Uncle Hans' grave.

Their cemeteries are much nicer than ours, they look like a lot of mini flower beds all side by side. Each has their own rectangular spot, which is big enough for two or more people. In these they are all done up, with little shrubs, and flowers, and each is its own garden. They're well kept and free of weeds. It really puts ours to shame.

After that, Aunt Margret and I caught the bus to Bad Sassendorf which is a little town beside Soest. It's a good place to go if you want to get healthy. They have spa's and rehabilitation type centers. It's always a nice place to go for a cup of coffee or for a walk.

The rain didn't come down too hard so we walked around, arm in arm, with an umbrella and had quite a nice leisurely stroll.

And that's the basis of my day.

Most of you have noticed I'm sure, that there are pictures up on facebook. Well that's because I found the card slot in my laptop. It was hidden by a fake card that I didn't notice when I looked last.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and my commentary on them. I'm just going to state for the record, that I was never one to take a lot of pictures, and up until two years ago didn't really own a camera.
The one I have I got for school, so I was even taught how to properly use it, but I still barely touch it. I'm just not a camera person.
So with that being said, excuse my pictures. They're really not that great, I do know how to use my camera, but I still tend to take crooked pictures (between that and my klutziness I'm starting to wonder), and there was a few pictures where I forgot to take my sunglasses off.

In the meantime I will keep learning as I go and hopefully soon I will be taking some awesome pictures. You think with a camera as fancy as mine it could do that without my having to push a bunch of buttons.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment