Family

Family

Friday, May 27, 2011

In Berlin!

Hey all.

So after many adentures yesterday I made it to Berlin safe and sound, and to the hostel with only slight troubles in finding the right train. It's not my fault, they make it difficult.
Yesterday I stayed outside and enjoyed the sunshine for much of it. I ended burning my arms, shoulders and face a little. Of course my legs stayed white. I don't know why I'm shocked this happened.
It happens every year.

Then while at a cafe, drinking a beer (which I ordered in German! Look at me go), reading Dracula on my ebook, I ended up talking to another journalist. Originally he's from Palestine, but has lived in Germany for thrity years. We talked about a great many thing for a few hours.

Then later that night, after a relaxing afternoon and lots of window shopping, I met some people at the hostel bar and danced, bar hopped and drank my night away.
It's quite easy to lose track of time when bars stay open all night, so I didn't make it back to the hostel until six a.m.
That's alright because I was able to enjoy a freshly backed croissant while the sun came up.
I love the bakery's over here. They are everywhere! Not even joking.

Anyway, after passing out for three whole hours, I checked out of the hostel and made my way to the main train station in Hamburg. Now that I've used it a few times it's becoming surprisingly easy to navigate.

Once comfortably seated on the train, in excellent seats that had two seats facing two seats with a table in between, I stretched a bit and was quite excited for my next bit of the journey. Everytime I get on a train or plane I become very excited, one of my favourite parts of travelling.
I was then joined by an elderly couple as they decided to sit across from me and then give me no leg room (at all, my legs were tucked under my seat the whole time) and give me stares of haughty indifference. It was like they knew I existed, didn't really care to aknowledge it though.
Oh well, they chose to sit there.

Once making it to the Berlin main station, it took some time to find a train to the hostel. The station is absolutely massive! It has five or six different floors that all lead to some mode of transportation, be it taxi's, the U lines, the S lines, or the ICE trains. Just amazing. I did get pictures for those of you wondering, and I know you are.

So after a small issue that was easily resolved after finding a map (it was hiding), I made it to the hostel with ease. And then I showered and passed out.

Anyway, tomorrow it will be time to check out Berlin, lots of wandering to be done here.
I will probably be going to check out the Brandenburg gate, I saw it last time, but I would definitely like to see it again.

I'm off to bed now, becaue it's closing in on two a.m. over here.

Peace&Love
Chow

1 comment:

  1. Wow your a busy gal!! Glad to hear your having such an awesome time.....love mom:)

    ReplyDelete