Family

Family

Monday, May 30, 2011

Oh look, I'm in Soest. This just keeps happening...

Good Evening All,

To start off, I would like to state that until further notice I will not be posting pictures until I get home.
Maily because the laptop I'm using does not have a slot for my camera card. How dare it.
I will try and upload some phone photos later, but wish me luck on that one, because my phone seems to have a differing opinion.

Not a lot has gone on in my world today.

I left Berlin bright and early. Checked out of the hostel by 8, and on the train to Hamm by 9:30.
This is a pretty impressive feat considering it only took two alarms to wake me this morning. And I didn't grab coffee until the main train station. It's okay, no one was injured. :)

The train ride to Hamm was uneventful, and so was the connecting one to Soest. As far as I'm concerned, uneventful train rides are good train rides.
I would also like to mention that I had the most delicious Donair in Hamm. Really, i was quite impressed. I gobbled that thing up in no time!

Once I arrived in Soest, I met with my Aunt Margret and Aunt Suzanne at the train station and was then taken to Suzanne and Peter's house, where I am staying. It's very nice of them, and I even get my own bed in a room to myself! This will be a nice change from the rest of my trip which involves hostel dorm rooms.

(In all reality I'm actually fond of the hostel dorm rooms, until it starts smelling like boy. Because boys thus far, have proven smelly, and it's mainly all that axe crap they use. One guy literally used a whole four seconds of spraying to put his on! So I left the room, lol, silly boys.)

We enjoyed coffee and cake in the backyard/garden shortly after I got here, which made me feel very spoiled. It's much like coming home, as it's the same type of strawberry sponge cake (I'm really guessing, I have no idea what cakes are which because I can't bake. They are all yummy!), every time I am here.

Peter and Suzanne's backyard is a little haven in a fairly suburban area (European suburban, much more tightly packed in and much smaller houses). Instead of putting up a big fence to block out the neighbours, they used a variety of shrubs, bushes and planters to make a gorgeous little space for themselves.

Much of the rest of the day was spent relaxing in the garden, reading and enjoying the sun. It was thirty degrees out today, which was extremely wonderful. It may rain for a bit here tonight and tomorrow but should be gone by Wednesday.

Tomorrow promises to be filled with lots of visiting everyone, and I'm quite excited to see them all again. Most likely won't be my last time, but I still like to make sure I see everyone before I leave again.

So that is all I have for an update for you tonight. Nothing too exciting. Just that you should all be very jealous of the awesome time I'm having. Lucky for you I'm willing to share. :) (Kidding I enjoy letting you all in on my adventures!)

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment