Family

Family

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back in Germany Baby!

It has been, well, probably a month since my last update.
I'm blaming that on the fact that I've graduated :),
been working full-time (yes full-time you non-believers, I was not sitting around doing nothing all day and you know it!)
and I was planning my glorious trip of the year.

Speaking of such, here I am again back in Germany, and no ones surprised I'm back.
Already it is clear I am a foreigner. Not because of my lack of German speaking, but because I'm wearing shorts. At 8 a.m. And I'm the only one. I don't even have goosebumps!

The travelling over here was pretty easy. The only issue was the severe lack of sleep, that made me start passing out in the Brussels airport. Thanks to the volcanoe, I was stuck there for about seven hours instead of the quick 50 minute change over I thought it was going to be.
Funny, I wasn't aware until I arrived in Brussels, went through customs, and the guard told me the Hamburg airport was closed. He thought it was funny.
The guard was right, my plane was cancelled, so I switched to the next flight.
Which also was cancelled after being delayed. Good thing they have a flight to Hamburg every few hours.
Finally, after switching flights again, I boarded the plane to Hamburg. I would've cheered out loud but everyone else seemed pretty grumpy so I just cheered quietly inside my head.

Once in Hamburg it took no time to grab my backpack, hop on the train (I love taking the train, this is the only transit system I'm familiar with), and find my hostel.
And by this time I was wide awake. After almost 24 hours of travelling in which I had two short naps, I was surprisingly alert. And by that I mean ridiculously overtired. So I made myself go to bed. At eight p.m. :)

All in all, good trip though. I had the best luck of having an open seat beside me on every flight, so on the first two I was actually able to stretch out. Not that I take up a lot of room anyway so it was pretty awesome.
I noticed there seemed to be quite a few open seats on all the flights. Almost every other time I've gone, planes have been packed, so I'm wondering if flying is really starting to become too expensive, or if it's just a passing trend because of the economy, fuel prices, volcanoes, and airline issues. Either way, I enjoyed the comfort of it. (Still a little jealous of those lucky ducks with footrests in first class though. Reclining footrest chairs!)

Now it's 9 a.m., and I've already showered (which felt amazing, by the way, being clean is quite nice), and walked to get breakfast and coffee.
Everyone be shocked and amazed.
So now I think I'm going to check out the city and enjoy the nice weather, and get stared at for enjoying said nice weather. Apparently they think it's cold.
I will try to keep updating, and I will try to keep it interesting, because I know how you like to be entertained.

Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment