Family

Family

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Hey now, you're an Allstar"

Good Evening All,

I opened my facebook page tonight and noticed a poll being done by InStyle Magazine:
Do or Don't buy clothes one size too small hoping they will motivate you to lose weight?
http://www.facebook.com/InStyle?v=app_68682102181
I voted Don't.
Personally this is not an issue I've really had to deal with, but for those looking for motivation to lose weight I do not believe this is a healthy way to get motivated.

I think it's better to buy clothes that fit now and make you feel good, instead of buying clothes you will take home and have to stare at, yet not be able to wear. Chances are that won't make you feel any better and you may just end up stashing them in the back of your closet.

It seems like it would have negative mental impacts, something along the lines of saying to yourself that you are not good enough to even buy yourself clothes you can fit into.

If you go with your actual size and learn to feel good about yourself first, then with a positive mental state goals are usually more attainable or at least obstacles may seem less daunting making the whole experience more tolerable.

These are just my thoughts on the matter, though I am really no expert.
Check out the link above and weigh in (pun intended) on what you think.

Peace

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment