Family

Family

Monday, January 7, 2013

There goes that Season

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I hope everyone found time to enjoy the spirit of it and spend time with those they care about most.

I definitely enjoyed mine, always nice crazy family time.
I had a few days of here and there to enjoy, made it up to Lake Louise last Wednesday for a fun day of boarding with my sister.
It was going quite well until she caught an edge and twisted her leg. She had a gross, swollen achilles tendon after that one.
Other than that it was a gorgeous day for boarding, no wind and lots of Sunshine.

Jason and I recently bought ourselves a Costco membership and are loving it. Jason used it to bulk buy his Chili ingredients yesterday and made a big double batch.
One batch used to barely fit in our crockpot, now his double batch doesn't even hit half of the massive stock pot we stole at Christmas (one of Chinese gift exchange wins).
It's actually part of a Turkey deep fryer, but now it's Jason's Chili pot. Filled up 19 ziploc baggies which we stuck in the freezer for a later date.

Took Jackman to the park a few days ago, the first time he's been at the park since his surgery.
He had a great time. Excited to be able to play with his frisbee, he just kept it in his mouth and followed a couple other dogs the entire first lap, ignoring me.
It did the trick and wore him out though, which is always a blessing. The only thing he's chewed on as of late is a febreeze car clip I was planning on giving to Marvin as a gag gift. Jack ate it though (and it's packaging) so that ended that idea.

Now it's back to the daily grind of coaching. With all the new programs running at the Airdrie club this year there is a lot of off ice prepping going on, so it feels like I'm in school again, bringing everything home with me and never ending.
Thankfully, I'd rather coach than do anything else so I don't mind it too much.

Jason and I went out for a dinner and a movie night on Saturday. Good times were had as always, drinking 'fancy' drinks at Applebee's then wandering over to the theatre to play a few arcade games before the movie. I pretty much kicked his butt at air hockey in case you were wondering.
Unfortunately I pulled a muscle in my arm doing it, because I'm short, and the table is long.
We saw 'This is 40'. It is a good movie, not all comedy though, it's mixed quite heavily with drama, and is over two hours long.
I would recommend it, the actors do a really good job I think, just be prepared for a well-drawn out storyline.

That's all for now, folks.

Here's some Jackman pictures, because hey, he's a cute dog.

At the park
Carrying his much loved frisbee



Mesmerized by a dog on the TV (first time he's done this)
At the park

At the park, all tired out.

Peace&Love


Chow




No comments:

Post a Comment