Family

Family

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What a ride

What a wonderful time of year!
If anyone has been following me on facebook, you will have noticed both the hubby and the puppy haven't been up to par lately, healthwise.
Jason had a flu over the weekend, and is still a little groggy, but has been making it to work the last couple days.
Up to this point I've felt pretty good, but a lack of sleep may be getting me down a bit.
That lack of sleep would be due to my very sick puppy.

Jackman's habit of eating everything finally caught up with him, on Sunday morning he started throwing up.
By Monday he still wasn't keeping anything down, so I took him to the vet and few tests showed that he had something stuck in his stomach.
Still nothing getting better by Tuesday morning, I took Jack in for his surgery. It was pretty hard to leave him at the vet, the look I got was very heartbreaking.
When I picked him up later, he was pretty drugged up and was not yet ready to start standing, and they showed me what they found in his stomach.
Actually, they showed it to me then asked me what it was. Jack had a rope toy (the rest has been tossed out) and he ate a knot from it. The knot had started to unravel and had also started to get caught up in his bowels as well.
So now that we got that out of system, he is doing better. He was still pretty groggy all last night, and did throw up again this morning. It was probably because he drank a lot of water too fast, since now that I'm really  rationing his water he seems to be holding it down. He hasn't thrown up his pills either, so that's a plus.
He is starting to move around, but he was also neutered (he was already under anesthetic, so it was kinda a two for one deal) so with the cone around his head he is not quite himself.
The funny part is when I took him outside, he wanted to eat all the snow, so he became a mini snowplow. I had to wipe out the inside of his cone when he got inside, because he brought a fair bit of the snow inside with him.

So that is my update. I was up most of the night with Jack, making sure he wasn't throwing up all over the carpet.
Hopefully today will go smoothly, at the moment I'm mostly awake, just trying to keep myself healthy and going.
That's all for now.

Peace&Love

Chow

He does a lot of standing and staring. "Get this off of me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment