Family

Family

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's all good

Hubby is feeling better, and Jack is cone free and (too) full of energy.

So after last weeks craziness, lots of awesome has happened.
Friday was a relaxing day in afternoon, and in the evening Kiersty, Momma and I decorated Grandpa's tree. There was so much garland, it just kept going. Apparently Grandma had tied two pieces of really long garland together, and even taped it back together in places. She was so resourceful, and we had enough garland to go over the tree more than twice! It was also very dizzying wrapping the tree, just walking around and around and around...
It looks awesome in case you are wondering.

Saturday was a fun day in Canmore with my Momma, buying up lots of new yarn. I had run out of yarn making some arm warmers (I always run out of yarn... ) so I found a very similar colour and was able to get them finished. I tried them out today, they are quite warm and comfy.
We stopped at the candy store, where I scored three bags of gummi bears. I only eat one kind of bear, the Haribo Goldbaren. They are so fruity and yummy.
Of course we also picked up some licorice for Grandpa, our main reason for stopping at the candy store.
Saturday night was a fun work party with the City View staff. Let's just say a good time was had by all. :)

Had a fun week of coaching, the last week of the season for the majority of the Airdrie Skating Club, so games were played daily. Today I got up super early (okay, fairly early) and went and skated for myself. The good news is I can still do most of what I used to be able to do, even my double jumps.
The bad news is, ow. My muscles are already sore, and I made sure to stretch plenty today.
It's a good sore though.

Today was a superb day. Had the laundry done early, cleaned the bedroom, and did the dishes. Managed to have time to do a little bit of knitting (new socks for Jason!) and some reading.
Did some coaching, came home, made myself some supper. I tried making some fries from scratch and may have spilled a bit too much oil on the baking sheet. Oh well.
Then the fun began!
I turned on the Xmas tunes, started rockin' out and baking cookies! Snickerdoodles are my fave cookies and just so yummy and easy.
Then after all the baking was done, I cleaned  up and vacuumed because I'm also really good at making messes while baking.
Now, it's all about the relaxing and catching up on some telly.

On Monday night I was woken up by Jackman leaping onto the bed and burrowing into me while barking a Jason, coming home after midnight from the late shift. Jack's nerves become a little frayed when I go to bed and Jason's not here. So now I sleep on the couch until Jason gets home and I leave the TV on low so Jackman doesn't give himself panic attack.
Of course it doesn't help when Jason runs up the stairs after the Oh-so-brave little puppy, trying to scare him.
It's a good thing I can function on minimal sleep.

I haven't done any Xmas shopping that. I actually plan on leaving the majority of it until the last minute every year. Cheyanne and I have a shopping date on the 22nd to get everything done. It wouldn't be the holidays without the holiday mall crowd.

Well It's about time for me to fall asleep on the couch.

Merry Christmas!



Snickerdoodles!
Happy Healed Puppy Sitting Pretty

So many cookies.
Close up of my tree.


More of my pretty tree.
He's so focused on his ball right now, the only way I can get him to stay still.

Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment