Family

Family

Monday, September 12, 2011

Never get enough!

My guilty pleasure.... runway vids!
To be honest I don't feel too guilty about it, I love what I've been seeing.
One of these years I will make it back to New York, and it will be for Fashion Week. Promise.

I've been catching up on the runway shows going on the past few days, and let me say I'm intrigued.
Very feminine vs. masculine. The mix of sporty windbreakers over flowing dresses is hard to pull off but it was done in a few shows. Marc Jacobs being my biased favourite pulled it off quite magically.

It seems like a tiny revolution is happening on the runways. From waists being cinched by belts to drawstrings, to lifting just the front hem of long flowing dresses. Which reminds me, that I do like the trains or 'tails' flapping behind the above-knee hem of draping off-shouldered gowns.

One awesome pattern I can't wait to see more of is the 'botanical', as mentioned by Alexander Wang about his SS12 ready-to-wear. I noticed it later, or a similar tropical pattern also in the Altuzarra collection.

I'm so excited about these collections I think it will keep me warm just dreaming about it through the long winter ahead.

And on another note, I need the wedges from Marc by Marc. Rockin'.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment