Family

Family

Monday, August 22, 2011

Silly Moments in Advertising

While watching TV with my soon to be hubby this evening, there were a few laughs.

I'm quite sure these advertisements weren't going for comedy but, they might want to rethink who they're marketing to.

The first incident was watching a subway commercial advertising a steak and bacon sandwich. They had me going, I was thinking man, that looks delicious. Then they ended it with a curveball, saying why don't you top of your meal with a yogurt parfait? Sure, it's kinda like desert, but it's not quite the same as a cookie. It's actually viewed as a healthier (somewhat) breakfast to some.
I'm not sure who're they're marketing to anymore.

Second case that got a giggle out of me was a jeep commercial. Started off with good mood-setting music, nice picture of a jeep splashing through mud with the voice talking about an adventure. Then they started off listing the features of this outback, tough, adventure seeking vehicle. It has handcrafted leather. Yes, that is first on the list. Don't get me wrong, but when I'm looking a mudding vehicle, I want something that is okay to get dirty. Handcrafted leather, now that's fine stuff.

Anyway, not much point to this post, these are just things I found amusing in my day.

Peace&Love
Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment