Family

Family

Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Time... & The Livin's Easy

Hey All!
.
I wish the living was easy. :) Actually it's not so bad, now that the rain has mostly stopped and the sun comes out, I almost feel like it's summer.

Currently, I'm working 13 days straight (between Smitty's & City View), but I asked for extra shifts at the restaurant, so making money is alright with me.

Other than that life is good (as 'Pop' would say). For those of you wondering and asking, married life is quite nice. And thus far, not too different from what it was before, just no wedding planning.

Work is good, I'm learning quite a bit at City View. I'm learning how to get everything ready to go to press, and make sure all the ads are there in the right places. Because sooner or later I will have to do this by myself. Scary, a little; exciting, very much so. There are lots of little things that need to be done, but I'm taking lots of notes so all should be well when it comes down to it.

Jason is loving his new apprenticeship, he's on shift work now, days for two weeks and nights the next. The hours are fairly reasonable though, so we may still see each other.

Last Sunday night we had a delicious homemade supper. Jason made it of course, I set the table and poured the wine. It was Spaghetti (pasta and sauce made from scratch) and lemon meringue pie (all from scratch). Soooooo freaking good. You all be jealous. I have pictures at home, I will post them later.

I've started working out (again), because I like to stay in shape. When I have this much time off from coaching I like to do a yoga/ballet/hula hoop/core workout (clearly I made this up myself) to keep up with appearances and stuff. The fact that it helps with the feeling good and being awesome are just side bonuses. :)

By the way, a good way to intensify your workout is to do it in your living room with a puppy who wants to play. Simultaneously playing tug of war, and keeping your breathing steady while working on your abs, is a good way to work on your endurance and concentration. Just food for thought.

Not too many plans for the rest of the summer aside from working and enjoying the nice weather. Hopefully we will get out camping a few weekends too. One of the best parts of summer for me is waking up with the smell of campfire in my hair, listening to birds and the bubbling of coffee brewing. I love it.


Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment