Family

Family

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Muffins!

Yes muffins. Not from scratch but mighty delicious all the same.
When I moved out of my parents house, my muffin intake decreased to barely three or four muffins a year. And I'm not sure if Momma still does, but she used to bake muffin's all the time, I'm sure it was because they were easy to make and one of the few things all four of us would eat.

Also in the news today (mine, not the worlds), I biked to the grocery store this morning. It's not very far, but it was windy, and the bike I have is Grandma's old one. It has no gears and just back brakes. But it has a cute basket and old school handle bars so I'm a fan.

One month I actually rode my bike and didn't touch my car at all. It's a good work out, good for the environment, and it doesn't take much longer to bike across Airdrie, then to drive across it.

I might try something similar again, starting in August. I won't totally go without my car, because sometimes, biking in Alberta is crazy, but maybe 75% bike, 25% car. We'll see how it goes.

I would like to be able to bike with Jack beside me, but I think I'm going to wait a few more months to even walk with him hooked to a bike. He's smart at times but I do not see him and a bike being friends right now, too sketchy.

I'm very envious of all my family out camping up at Crimson Lake right now. How dare you.

Lucky me though, I get one whole weekend of camping up at Mt. Kidd this year, so woohoo! :)

Can't wait for it, since it will be at the end of a three ish week stint of straight work. Not complaining though, it's my choice. It will by Mon- Fri. at the paper (other people are taking holidays) and weekends serving up eggs and bacon.

I'm actually quite excited to be working full-time at the paper for a bit. I'm still learning lots there, and doing a bunch of production stuff. A lot of little things to try and remember, but that's true with most jobs I'm sure.

And to answer everyone's most frequently asked question: 'How's married life?'
It's the same as life was before, still pretty good. Jason and I were prepared for this. :)

Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment