Family

Family

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This, is personal.

You ever have that day, where you just keep going and going, and then when you finally stop, and an Oreo cookie commercial makes you cry?
I did have a long tedious rant that would have taken you step by step through my day. But even I found that annoying. Ew.
Today wasn't a bad day, per se, just... a long one. One where the best fantasy is a bed and blanket and peace and quiet.
Jackman is super adjusting to being an indoor puppy. Still pees on the floor now and then, but only on linoleum so it's no big deal. He tries, like when he can't quite make it to the pee pad and squats an inch beside it, or can't remember where the pad is, and uses a flyer. That works to.
As far as coaching is going, winding down is not as slow and relaxed as it sounds like. There may be only a week left in Crossfield, and two in Airdrie, but man oh man, the crunch is on.
And for the first time today all my figure skaters made it to Gala practice! We've been working on this since January, and when they all started going off about how frustrating it is I reminded them of their lack of attendance. Little else was said. I understand when some commitments come up, but come on now. Ridiculous.
But maybe it's not so bad. Yesterday coaching pre-hockey, I turned around to see one kid with bulging cheeks, drool forming, pressed mouth, and panicked eyes. In one swift movement we were able to make it off the ice to the garbage can and mask off to spit it all out. He was a little trooper though, and took it all in stride.
When I turned around, the rest of the group had taken a toll on the relay race I had just set up. Breathe, and start over.
So in comparison, coaching today not so bad. I'm sure I should be in bed right now, but this time to pause and reflect is quite nice. Puppy and fiancé both down for the night, so funny TV and glass of wine are just the right prescription for my ailment. Which is basically a case of the 'everyone please go away's.
Good news is I get an extra day at the City View this week, and possibly consistently starting in a few weeks. Yay!
Also, with the invitations sent out, I've been lost looking for a project, so I found some time to start working on the homestudy for my level two coaching. Keeping it going, and moving on up.
I have this insane need to always be doing something to... improve myself? That's not quite the word I'm wanted, but the sleep deprivation is making me to lazy to thesaurus it (or generate a better one myself).
Apparently I always need to be doing something. It was school, then it was passing the last driving test (no more GDL) and now it's coaching level 2. So basically I like tests, and being marked and evaluated.
Maybe that's odd, I would rather not dwell on it at this present time.
Happy note number two: WEDDING! Just three months away and things a starting to really come together. I don't feel like giving away to many details, because when the big day unfolds, the more mystery, the more magical! I received my veil in the mail last week, it's so perfect. Couldn't be more pleased. :)
Happy note three: Mexico in two months. Jason and I are going away for a week to celebrate his friends wedding. I'm stoked. I've never been to Mexico, and I can't wait to go and lay on a beach or beside a pool and care only about sunscreen application for a few days. Mmm, vacation. Not my usual kind of travelling, but I'll take it any day!
So, I think that's all that's going on presently. The dishes keep dirtying themselves when I'm not looking, but that's old news.
I should really go to bed, I didn't realize what time it was and that I missed an hour some where in there. Oops.

G'Night all!
Peace&Love
Chow

(side note, I'll edit this later)





No comments:

Post a Comment