Family

Family

Monday, April 13, 2020

It might be spring

Out on a walk the other day, and found lots of Robin's by the ponds, so spring should be on it's way. Right?

The kids and I planted a bunch of seeds on April 4. The awesome news is, most of them have really taken off. The Uh-Oh news is, the pumpkins are growing way too fast and spring isn't getting here fast enough. Also, we have four pumpkin plants growing inside, and probably nowhere to plant them outside. Most of what I have growing inside will get planted at the farm, since it was my mom who bought the seeds for pumpkins and watermelons for the kids anyway. I just don't have anywhere big enough to plant them, and still have room for other plants.


I made a thing. It's a pouf. I found a pattern online (by closet case patterns) and decided to embark on a pretty adventurous journey. My sewing skills are okay, and my machine is temperamental. But I did it! Spread it out over a few days, and actually followed directions (who am I?) and it turned out lovely. I was planning on using it as a foot stool for my upstairs chair, but the kids have already laid claim.
Snowy view from my makeshift sewing area.

Top pieces ready to be assembled.


Bottom has a zipper. Which took me 2 tries to install.
Zippers are not my strong suit, but after placing it wrong the first time,
the second time turned out really well. 
Finished and stuffed! It is meant to be scrappy, and is stuffed with old clothes that are too ratty to be donated.
Overall, I'm really proud of myself for how this turned out. I did struggle with the zipper, but glad I properly took it out and reinstalled it. I doubt I will do a lot of other sewing projects for awhile, but this was fun. 

Our Easter was pretty low-key. Jason worked yesterday, so we didn't have any fancy meals. But we did eat supper in our blanket fort yesterday, so that was fun.
The kids had a treasure hunt to find their Easter baskets yesterday and they really enjoyed that.

Our schooling is pretty slow. Zoe has started taking up sewing and made a pillow for her Barbies, which is impressive. William is still working on all the Lego. Which he enjoys doing on the stairs for some strange reason.

I hope everyone has been enjoying some sunny weather now and again, even if it's still freezing. 

Peace & Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment