Family

Family

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On another note...

I realize that my last entry wasn't as... light, as some of the other ones may have been.
So today we will take a look at the lighter side of coaching.
As many of you may know, I am expecting. (YAY)
I'm 16 weeks along in case you are keeping track.

Well being that I am a little more fragile than usual, I had to tell a few of our power skating groups to be extra careful around me. Basically to remember to use their brakes and try not to slam into me.
With that being said, most of the groups are boys between the ages of 6-12, so they aren't really aware of the birds and the bees yet.
After Lynnell (the other power coach) informed a few skaters that I was pregnant, one of the skaters looked right at me and said
"You're not pregnant."
Somewhat taken aback I responded "Yes I actually am."
"No, you don't look pregnant."
"Well, it's still early, but I am pregnant."
" I don't believe you, I don't think you're pregnant."
And that was the end of that conversation. I just said alright, don't believe me. lol

Just a week later that same kid looks at me and asks "Are you still pregnant?"
Ummm... "Yes, I will be pregnant until August."
He said okay and skated off. I guess he believes me now.

It's much easier to tell the kids to be careful around me because I'm not wearing a helmet, because they can understand that and see it.
This whole pregnancy thing, is a little bigger of a concept.

Another kid asked if I was worried about my baby just slipping out.
I informed him, that no, babies do not just slip out.
And then I quickly made them go skate before any more questions could be asked.

So there is my lighter side for the night.
I am pretty tired, and it is close to my bed time, so I will bid you adieu.

Peace&Love

Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment