Family

Family

Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes

I'm not one to watch a lot of TV, just the really good shows on the good TV nights. I didn't even watch the Golden Globes last night.
But I can judge what they were wearing, and check out all the pretty (hopefully) dresses.

Anne Hathaway wore Giorgio Armani Prive
-Just stunning. I love the deep back in this, she looks ravishing in it.

Halle Berry wore Nina Ricci
-As hot as she is, this slightly resembles a corset with a cape attached wrong, not her finest moment.

Christina Hendricks wore Romona Keveza
-Bombshell of a dress, with her red hair, red lips, and pale skin, this look is dangerous.

Tina Fey wore L'Wren Scott
-The colour looks great and the cut at the top is extremely flattering, but I'm not sure the skirt of the dress is working.

January Jones wore Versace
-She looks great in this dress, but I've never been a fan the cut out tops that are all strappy and toga-esque.

Angelina Jolie wore Atelier Versace
-Well I don't like Angelina, and this dress does not flatter her. Even if I was on her side, the dress is Grandma's closet of mermaid clothes. 

Natalie Portman wore Viktor & Rolf
-This is dress is amazing and it looks even better on her.

Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection
-Simple, elegant, once again I love the dropped back, this is lovely.

Heather Morris of "Glee" (not sure who she wore)
-The pose I'm looking at is not attractive, but the dress is pretty. Hopefully that keeps her going.

Kyra Sedgwick in Emilio Pucci
-I think there's way to much going on here in the texture and flow department. It's a nice dress but I think it's too big for her frame and the colour washes her out a little. 

Eva Longoria in Zac Posen
-Always one to turn heads, beautiful as always.

Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab
-I do like the dress, the detail is brilliant, and even though she is pale, the nude tends to compliment her.

Diana Agron wore J. Mendell
-Very simple, yet red carpet perfect, and nicely adorned (necklace is gorgeous).

Hope Davis wore Bibhu Mohapatra
- I'm not sure what happened here, this could have been a lovely dress, the colour is beautiful but I think they took the draping one step to far. That and she should have better posture.

Olivia Wilde wore Marchesa
-This is way to prom dressy. Not really a solid effort for the red carpet, it needs less flash and more class.

Piper Perabo
-Black is a daunting colour but she pulls it off well, although the cut could be a little more flattering in the hip area.

Edie Falco wore Valentino
-Understated and it works.

Kelly Osbourne wore Zac Posen
-I'm not sure if it's the way she's standing but I feel like the dress is taking away too much from her. Nice but overpowering.

Elizabeth Moss wore Donna Karan
-It could work if something were done to the middle section. It looks saggy. But the colour is beautiful.

Jennifer Lawrence wore Louis Vuitton
-I like the dress she looks good, but I'm still debating on whether or not it's appropriate for the event.

Heidi Klum
-As much as I don't understand it, I can't help but love this look, it's so her. It looks like cotton candy bohemian beach party, but it's great.

Mandy Moore
-This is the whole prom dress issue again. 


Here ends my judgment on what I think is worthy of the red carpet.

Peace
Chow



3 comments:

  1. have to disagree with you re: Halle Berry. I thought she looked stunning as did the dress!! But I do agree with you about Angelina J. Don't like her nor did I like her dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike Angie too...she seems so fake. Her dress was attractive as she does have agood body but it certainly wasn't fabulous. I liked Catherine Zeta Jones green dress alot-She looked Wow to me and Angelina's just paled in comparison despite being the same colour palette. Cindy I agree Halle is gorgeous- how is it she does not age?

    ReplyDelete